The new OTTOMILA
The 8000 series can be considered the direct heir of the legendary 7000 series, which scored many successes in the world of Italian car stereo and beyond. We renewed a range of speakers already in itself exceptional, with the aid of the best technologies now available.
8000 Series - Woofers
Main Construction Features
• Basket made of 7000 aluminum alloy entirely worked by the numerical control (CNC). This makes the structure very rigid and with practically zero tolerances to the benefit of consistent performance and maximum energy transfer from the voice coil to the cone with an increase in efficiency in the low range and absence of resonances in the medium/high range. (only with Limited Edition Speakers)
• Cone in unpressed paper, as well as the dust cover. The best compromise between damping and rigidity for an extremely natural sound without colorations or alterations. A water repellent treatment also makes it suitable for applications in harsh environments.
• Oversized magnet. The high quality wound magnet (Y-35) guarantees a surplus of energy that makes the excursion peaks easily reproducible from this woofer. Even at high excursions, the coil works quietly always in its magnetic field.
• A careful study supported by FEM analysis has allowed us to design the metal parts of the magnet in order to maximize the flow exactly around the moving coil, and make it linear throughout the entire excursion. Ventilation is ensured by a large opening at the bottom where its conformation reduces the noise of possible turbulence to inaudible levels.
• The exclusive design clamp accepts large section cables.
• The large diameter voice coil uses an aluminum support to better disperse the temperature. Furthermore, the entire voice coil is exposed to the outside air through large slits in the basket (protected by a dust sponge).
Elevated to perfection
The 8000 series can be considered the direct heir of the 7000 series. The goal was to renew a variety of speakers in itself exceptional, with the help of the latest technologies and the use of the best materials available today; always with an eye to the versatility of installation. Key to the development of this type of system in the car was so take full advantage of their exceptional musicality. In the 8000 series every detail was taken care of with the utmost care, from the choice of materials to the forms, from the construction and finishing of the baskets to the ventilation systems of magnets and coils. It has improved what was thought to be difficult to improve and we strongly believe that it has laid the foundation for another decade of success.
8000 Series - Tweeters
Main Construction Features
• The large diameter 28 mm voice coil is the right compromise between the lightness of the classic 25 mm coil and the great power management of 32 mm coils. A perfect combination of power and lightness, the necessary for a tweeter that must reproduce frequencies in a linear and faithful way even beyond the threshold of audibility. The coil uses an aluminum support to better disperse the temperature.
• Body made of 7000 aluminum alloy and brass, entirely worked by numerical control (CNC). This makes the structure very rigid and with practically zero tolerances to the benefit of consistency of performance and maximum linearity of reproduction, free from any vibration and/or resonance.
• Torcon® soft dome, an exclusive Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) with a high performance fiber that offers superb heat resistance, low weight and excellent self damping, get a free resonance frequency response until over audible frequency.
• O52 oversized high quality neodymium magnet. This "engine" guarantees a perfectly linear and constant magnetic flux over the entire working range of the tweeter, guaranteeing an extremely linear and neutral response both at low and high volume. Furthermore, a pure copper ring was added to reduce the harmonic distortions.
• A careful study supported by FEM analysis has allowed us to design the metal parts of the magnet in order to maximize the flow exactly around the voice coil, and make it linear throughout the entire excursion. Ventilation is ensured by a large opening on the bottom, protected by a sponge with calibrated holes. This solution also reduces the peak impedance to the resonance frequency making the tweeter easier to interface with any passive crossovers.