The new OTTOMILA
The 8000 series can be considered the direct heir of the legendary 7000 series, which scored many successes in the world of Italian car stereo and beyond. We renewed a range of speakers already in itself exceptional, with the aid of the best technologies now available.
8000 Series Limited Edition
Elevated to perfection
The 8000 series can be considered the direct heir of the 7000 series. The goal was to renew a variety of speakers in itself exceptional, with the help of the latest technologies and the use of the best materials available today; always with an eye to the versatility of installation. Key to the development of this type of system in the car was so take full advantage of their exceptional musicality. In the 8000 series every detail was taken care of with the utmost care, from the choice of materials to the forms, from the construction and finishing of the baskets to the ventilation systems of magnets and coils. It has improved what was thought to be difficult to improve and we strongly believe that it has laid the foundation for another decade of success.
8000 Series - Tweeters
Main Construction Features
• The large diameter 28 mm voice coil is the right compromise between the lightness of the classic 25 mm coil and the great power management of 32 mm coils. A perfect combination of power and lightness, the necessary for a tweeter that must reproduce frequencies in a linear and faithful way even beyond the threshold of audibility. The coil uses an aluminum support to better disperse the temperature.
• Body made of 7000 aluminum alloy and brass, entirely worked by numerical control (CNC). This makes the structure very rigid and with practically zero tolerances to the benefit of consistency of performance and maximum linearity of reproduction, free from any vibration and/or resonance.
• Torcon® soft dome, an exclusive Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) with a high performance fiber that offers superb heat resistance, low weight and excellent self damping, get a free resonance frequency response until over audible frequency.
• O52 oversized high quality neodymium magnet. This "engine" guarantees a perfectly linear and constant magnetic flux over the entire working range of the tweeter, guaranteeing an extremely linear and neutral response both at low and high volume. Furthermore, a pure copper ring was added to reduce the harmonic distortions.
• A careful study supported by FEM analysis has allowed us to design the metal parts of the magnet in order to maximize the flow exactly around the voice coil, and make it linear throughout the entire excursion. Ventilation is ensured by a large opening on the bottom, protected by a sponge with calibrated holes. This solution also reduces the peak impedance to the resonance frequency making the tweeter easier to interface with any passive crossovers.
Main Construction Features
• Multi-amp or single amp connection
• Clear acrylic cover for better ventilation and component protection
• Gold plated spacers and screws
• Gold-plated parameter adjustment jumpers for zero resistance and large diameter for ultra-high load capacity
• Air-wounded coils to minimize distortion
• Large diameter (1.5 mm) and 99.9% pure copper coil wire
• Anti-inductive resistors with dissipating aluminum body, helps to manage very high powers in order to remain relatively cool, in this way the resistance does not vary
• Very high quality bi-metallized capacitors for maximum transparency of details in the mid/high frequencies. To increase the response speed the tweeter uses a configuration of lower value capacitors in parallel
• Compact size and practical fixing system with 4 screws
The UMA unit
This special and exclusive component driver is a concept born way back in 70's, its aim is to concentrate midrange and tweeter emissions in a virtual single point. This minimizes phase delays and irregularities at the crossover point. (You can read more in The Phase page)
All the parts that make up this component have been made with the CNC process. This is very expensive and time consuming, but ensures perfect geometry and impeccable aesthetics. A mix of precious materials such as brass, stainless steel and Avional aluminum are used together for a unique product.
Each component uses a very large, vented neodymium motor magnet, optimized with computer simulations (FEA) to obtain a greater efficiency and improve linearity along all voice coil’s excursion. The neodymium magnet is a high-grade type to eliminate magnetic loss at elevated temperature and concentrate more force in less space.
The tweeter uses a Torcon® soft dome, an exclusive Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) with a high performance fiber that offers superb heat resistance, low weight and excellent self-damping, to get a free resonance frequency response outside the audible frequency range.
The midrange’s non-pressed cellulose pulp exponential cone, with a Vinylester resin coating, ensures a perfect balance between rigidity, weight, and self-damping. The cellulose pulp guarantees an extremely natural and linear reproduction, with an excellent extension at high frequencies.
Great attention was given to the ventilation of the two components, through a single axial ventilation on the tweeter and multiple on the midrange. To improve control and damping an acoustic resistance has been adopted on both components.
Combined, the two components are able to reproduce with perfect linearity all the spectrum from 95 Hz to 25 KHz.
8000 Series - Woofer
Main Construction Features
• Basket made of 7000 aluminum alloy entirely worked by the numerical control (CNC). This makes the structure very rigid and with practically zero tolerances to the benefit of consistent performance and maximum energy transfer from the voice coil to the cone with an increase in efficiency in the low range and absence of resonances in the medium/high range. (only with Limited Edition Speakers)
• Cone in unpressed paper, as well as the dust cover. The best compromise between damping and rigidity for an extremely natural sound without colorations or alterations. A water repellent treatment also makes it suitable for applications in harsh environments.
• Oversized magnet. The high quality wound magnet (Y-35) guarantees a surplus of energy that makes the excursion peaks easily reproducible from this woofer. Even at high excursions, the coil works quietly always in its magnetic field.
• A careful study supported by FEM analysis has allowed us to design the metal parts of the magnet in order to maximize the flow exactly around the moving coil, and make it linear throughout the entire excursion. Ventilation is ensured by a large opening at the bottom where its conformation reduces the noise of possible turbulence to inaudible levels.
• The exclusive design clamp accepts large section cables.
• The large diameter voice coil uses an aluminum support to better disperse the temperature. Furthermore, the entire voice coil is exposed to the outside air through large slits in the basket (protected by a dust sponge).