The 2000 Series include advanced technologies for car audio speaker to serve the music in car. All the knowledge and experience of ESB R&D has been transferred to those special components, to obtain maximum audio performance as bandwidth, dynamic in music response and more ﬁdelity reproduction of sound details. A reference product for your category.
A reference product for your category
The 2000 Series is range of speakers with great performance, as well as easy to install. The ABS woofer has mechanical high resistance, superior to tradinional metal baskets. The pressed paper cone assures the best balance between performance, resistance and stability, with high internal damping factor (low distortion). The dome of the tweeter is made of silk fabric, impregnated with phenolic resins with integrated suspension. A special magnetic oil absorbs any unwanted vibrations and at the same time improves heat exchange
between the coil and the metal body, ensuring superior power management.
Cones made of paper are the best marriage of lightness, stiffness and the ability of the cone to dampen any unwanted vibration. The Perbunan rubber ensures a dual function of high damping and great transversal stability, this means that the cone is "forced" only to the vertical movement, eliminating the transversal movements that could cause contact with the coil and the magnet. The 25 mm voice coil of the woofer uses an aluminum support and a winding with a double layer technology of copper wire with an aluminum core.
The ABS basket, reinforced with fiberglass, have been engineered in order to obtain the maximum in terms of torsional rigidity (bending), but at the same time offer the minimum resistance to the passage of air displaced by the cone from the rear face. The material used, in addition to not being as sensitive to thermal changes, is also non-resonant. In addition, the ABS frame allows for a better clamping force torque than typical pressed steel frames and ensures that the voice coil remains well centered within the magnetic field.
All these speakers are equipped with a motor with a grade Y-35 Ferrite magnet, with significantly higher performance than the classic "standard" ferrite magnets, this ensures greater ease of management of the power applied to the speaker and a its superior efficiency. The metal parts of the engine use low carbon steel and have been designed to obtain the maximum magnetic saturation, this guarantees the best electroacoustic parameters as the eddy currents that are generated by the movement of the cone are largely canceled.
The 2000 series tweeters use a silk-impregnated thin fabric dome diaphragm for a smooth, smooth sound, with an outer suspension of the same material but covered with a high-loss damping material to eliminate edge vibration and resonance. The dome is of extremely low mass and is much less susceptible to mechanical deformation than other models, yet it provides a smooth, linear and very extended response.
The 28 mm voice coil has an aluminum support and very light copper-coated aluminum wire, ventilated and damped with iron-fluid oil and with anti-resonance chambers. The special ventilation design, SVS (Surround Vented System) provides optimal cooling to be able to handle high power and avoiding compressing the air at the back of the dome, with a great reduction in distortion.
High-grade neodymium magnets such as N-42, is optimized with computer simulations to get better efficiency and improve linearity, to ensure greater and better power management and increase the bandwidth and efficiency.
• Motor made of very low carbon steel for the highest magnetic permeability, resulting in a greater magnetic flux on the coil with benefits on de-traction, power and efficiency.
• Processing of the plates with numerical control machines to decrease tolerance and in this way increase the efficiency and consistency of quality.
• Y30 grade ferrite magnets, a high level material, normally used on higher category products.
• Motor design optimized to reduce the eddy currents generated by the movement of the voice coil. With this design the distortion decreases dramatically.
• Support of the voice coil in Kapton®, a synthetic material invented for space use able to withstand very high temperatures without deforming and at the same time having a very low mass.
• The VC is wound on 4 layers of copper wire for an extra long stroke.
• The spider is made of Conex®, a semi synthetic material that maintains an excellent constancy of elasticity over time in order to have optimal performance even after years of intense use.
• Steel was choosen for the basket, but with a shape designed to obtain a rigidity equal to aluminum.
• An additional internal stiffening ring connects the spider directly to the motor, this prevents unwanted vibrations from reaching the cone through the basket.
• The long travel edge is made of rubber.
• A rubber perimeter ring finishes the 8 fixing points and at the same time acts as a sealing gasket.
• Treated cellulose pulp cone gives excellent damping for deep, detailed bass.