New Speaker Series
The philosophy of this project is to create a loudspeaker system with an extremely high transient response (dynamic), in order to obtain a music reproduction with a more realistic impact and involvement.
To achieve this, the main goal was to reduce the moving masses in order to make the mobile part of the loudspeaker light and fast in its movements, favoring the sudden variations of movement transmitted by the piece of music through the amplifier.
Elegance and Technology, all Italian
A look inside - Tweeter and Midrange
• The carbon fiber reinforced, polymer matrix, composite dome, ensures extraordinary rigidity combined with a very low weight.
• The 28 mm (tweeter) and 50 mm (midrange) aluminum voice coil allows the use of very high power for this kind of component.
• The tweeter uses a very large, vented neodymium motor magnet optimized with computer simulations (FEA) to obtain a greater efficiency and improve linearity along all the voice coil’s excursion.
• Neodymium magnet is a high-grade type to reduce magnetic loss at elevated temperature and concentrate more energy in a small space.
• All motor parts are made by CNC process. This gives tighter tolerances and improved performance.
• Great attention was paid to the axial and radial ventilation of the moving coil, this to ensure high power handling, with reduced distortion, and increased durability. The axial ventilation holes reduce the compression of the air at the back of the dome with greatly reduced distortion and extended response into lower frequencies.
• A special acoustic resistance helps to control the Ots.
• Residual resonances are killed by the under-dome, dB Cloth® damping material, this extends the frequency response to the lower limits and reduces harmonic distortion.
• Great attention was paid to the axial and radial ventilation of the moving coil, this to ensure high power handling, reduced distortion, and increased durability. The stepped back allows a very long cone excursion.
• Metal parts machined from solid and refined material are CNC machined for maximum magnetic flux linearity, and minimum magnetic loss. This reduces distortion at high power levels.
• A pure copper ring was inserted into the magnetic field to reduce harmonic distortion.
• 25 mm CCAW (Copper Clad Aluminum Wire) double layer voice coil wound on an aluminum former for exceptional power handling and compression-free reproduction to handle the most demanding musical passages.
• The carbon fiber reinforced, polymer matrix composite, exponential cone ensures an extraordinary rigidity combined with a very low weight.
• The eight twin-spoke anti-resonant and self-extinguishing carbon fiber reinforced ABS frame, ensures a drastic reduction of the cone's back reflections. The frame design assures high structural and torsional rigidity. This is the goal for perfect parts alignment and very tight construction tolerances.
• The exclusive ESB design of the TSW (Twin Symmetrical Wave) double-wave rubber suspension allows an excursion with perfect progression and linearity. This feature ensures natural low-frequency reproduction at low as well as at high volume.
• Large Conex® spider allows a smooth and gentle run at low excursions, and gently holds the cone at high excursions, thus increasing the useful frequency range.